Helpful Dental InformationPhoenix, AZ
At Camelback Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Phoenix, AZ patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (602) 362-7072.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Camelback Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Camelback Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Phoenix office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Camelback Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Phoenix
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
It is not necessary to delay orthodontic evaluation for a child until all the permanent teeth come in. In fact, according to the current recommendation from orthodontists, all children should have an orthodontic evaluation by age 7. Seven years old is the target because at that age, children's mouths contain a mixture of permanent teeth…
A baby root canal might be needed to save a child's tooth if it is infected or damaged. While the procedure may be anxiety-inducing for parents, it is important to know that pediatric dentists would not recommend it unless it was absolutely necessary. Additionally, the current technology allows pediatric dentists to perform baby root canals…
Pediatric dentistry is a field of medicine that deals specifically with the care of children’s teeth. More often than not, children experience a need for stainless-steel dental crowns. These dental crowns are most commonly used within pediatric dentistry due to their durability. When a child has badly decayed teeth, they can be seen by a…
Many parents are surprised to hear about the benefits of a well baby visit and how early they can take their child in to a pediatric dentistry office. By learning more about what a well baby visit is, when such an appointment is necessary and what to expect during the checkup, parents can make a…