Helpful Dental InformationPhoenix, AZ
At Camelback Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Phoenix, AZ patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (602) 362-7072.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Camelback Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Camelback Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Phoenix office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Camelback Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Phoenix
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
It is not necessary to delay orthodontic evaluation for a child until all the permanent teeth come in. In fact, according to the current recommendation from orthodontists, all children should have an orthodontic evaluation by age 7. Seven years old is the target because at that age, children's mouths contain a mixture of permanent teeth…
Overbites can get in the way of a lot of things, so most people turn to orthodontic treatment as a way to fix them. However, there is much to consider when receiving orthodontic treatment in order to fix any oral issues one might have.In this article, we outline how orthodontic treatment can fix an overbite.…
Dental sealants are a common pediatric dentistry procedure that plays an important role in the prevention of cavities in children. It is helpful to understand what the purpose of dental sealants is and when a pediatric dentist may recommend them so parents can determine if they are right for a child. Pediatric dentists do more than…
Emergency Dentistry And The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disease: Is A Broken Tooth Considered A Dental Emergency?
As you think about emergency dentistry and the Coronavirus COVID-19 disease, you may wonder when you can still go to the dentist. Health and government leaders have closed many businesses to promote social distancing. However, you should not hesitate to get immediate care for serious oral health issues. Among these are times when you may…